Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Joe Jonas Puts Justin Bieber Rivalry to Bed 2011



It's time to let that infamous Justin Bieber/Jonas Brothers rivalry go, because according to Joe Jonas, it never existed.

"That's funny," the middle Jonas brother tells AOL of the supposed beef. "I've been through it a couple of times; the same thing happened to us with Hanson. We had a conversation with Hanson and said we had nothing against them, and [they told us] the same thing happened with them and *NSYNC [with a fake rivalry].

"And same thing for Bieber," he adds. "He's doing him, and that's all that really matters. As long as you're independent artists, then you're fine."

"I don't even think there's much comparison with Bieber," he adds, "because there's totally a big age difference -- there's a similar fanbase, but a lot of his fans are a little bit younger."

Jonas believes his solo debut, 'Fast Life,' should put an end to the chatter once and for all. "[My] songs are a bit more mature," he says. "The things that I speak about ... I really hope 11-year-olds aren't relating to them, or their parents are going to have to talk. I'm 21, so [I sing about] things a 21-year-old would deal with. And if an 11-year-old or whatever wants to listen to my music, that's great, I'm more than happy. I just feel the core audience is going to be a little older."

Clearly eager to embrace his maturity, Jonas goes so far as to describe himself as the "old man on campus" when it comes to the pop world. He also can't help but weigh in on the next generation of pop stars waiting in the wings.

"Everybody has to go through their own experiences, good and bad, to become the artists they want to become, or the person they want to become. Sometimes I definitely look at artists -- not naming names -- but I just go, 'Oh man, I can see where this is going!'

"It's kind of cool to see that I'm in a more mature area of my life. It feels like as I grow up so does my music and so do my fans, and it's a good feeling."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...